"I have been able to help my co-workers and inspectors by having best practices techniques followed up by code references and planning guidelines using saved exams. Its also a great way to educate the customer when that have questions."
"The training was detailed and interesting. So glad that I chose CleanEdison to start my new career."
"I took the NABCEP exam prep course from Ken Thames this spring in Belgrade, MT. I wanted to let you know that since taking the course from Ken I have taken the NABCEP PV installation professional exam and passed. Your course taught by Ken was extremely helpful in passing the test and his extensive knowledge and expertise in off grid systems was invaluable."
"I completed the PV system mechanical design module the other day. Then the next morning our solar installation company Positive Energy NY headed off to do a residential roof mount in Schenectady and I felt on top of my game because all the racking was fresh in my mind and it definitely showed. We used a Unirac rail system and I knew the ins and outs of how it all fit together; the install went very smoothly."
"This course was very detailed, the instructor made learning easy"
"I am really glad I chose CleanEdison to start my new career. The practice day was amazing."
"I am happy I came to CleanEdison: the training was very detailed and practical"
"This course is highly technical, I am very satisfied"
"I am close to get my certification which will bring me more opportunities"
"The manual was very good and the instructor explained it well"
"This will help me grow my business as general contractor, thanks CleanEdison"
"Great training to expand your services offer, you won’t regret it"
"Thanks CleanEdison, now I am confident to apply to different jobs"
"CleanEdison is a great training company, the course met my expectations and I am ready to get certified"
"An excellent training, I recommend it to expand your skillset"
"This training is a good option to expand your services as builder"
"I really enjoyed the practical session, it was very helpful to grasp the details"
" This course at CleanEdison has been a great starting point to get started in the industry"
"This class at CleanEdison was great, very helpful instructor"
"I am confident this certification will open new job opportunities soon"
"The instructor really knows the topic and the material was easy to follow. "
"This a skillset with high demand, I am glad I came to CleanEdison"
"You willl be happy you selected CleanEdison, yo make sure to get certified"
"This will definitely bring me more business, thanks CleanEdison for helping me find a way to finance this class"
"If you are looking for a course to ensure you certification, CleanEdison is the answer"
"I can add value to my jobs as contractor now with knowledge of solar panels"
"Now I can add solar panels to my renovation services, this will bring me more customers"
"The practice made the difference, it was great to work on panels right away"
"The manual is very complete and the practical session is very useful"
"Really liked the online option, it helped me to continue working "
"The class was well organized and the material is really good"
"The online course is a great solution to widen your skills as a general contractor"
"CleanEdison is a very good investment, they really prepare you for the business"
"I was looking for new sources of work, this is a great starting point in the solar industry"
"This course opened new opportunities and I fell prepared for the certification"
"Awesome instructor, patient and an expert on solar energy"
"The course is innovative and the practice day was excellent to put our knowledge to test"
"Looking forward to keep expanding my certifications with CleanEdison, this course was very good"
"Thanks to CleanEdison, I am getting started in this industry"
"Now I feel more confident on my knowledge and I will get more jobs"
"Thanks Cleanedison for a first class training, I highly recommend it"
"This industry is growing so fast, this is the right time to get certified and CleanEdison really helps"
"This course was a great experience, I am looking for jobs to get examined and complete the certification"
"I really like the online training, can I recommend that CleanEdison offer the day of practical experience to online learners as well?"
"I am glad the group was small and the instructor ensured everybody learnt the content"
"Our instructor was very knowledgeable and gave many tips to help get the certification"
"This class taught me all the technical aspects of solar panel installs"
"There is too much competition in the general contractor business, there are more opportunities in solar and with this course, you can get started right away"
"The structure of the course is well organized, we learned a lot"
"Looking for options to become an excellent solar panel installer? This will help!"
"The good thing about the live class is the full day of practice with panels, all the knowledge clicked in "
"This online course is really good, it made learning easy"
"I am very glad I came to Cleanedison to get started in the solar energy business, now I am working toward the certification "
"The online resources helped me to get started before the course"
"This course was very good, I am opening to new job markets"
"It was refreshing to see an instructor so well versed about the Solar industry. Also, I was encouraged by the instructor about the employment possibilities in this booming industry."
"I enjoyed how the instructor's were provided with actual materials and props, i.e actual solar panels with plugs, combo box, DC disconnect, inverter box, meter, and electrical panel. It helped me to see the actual products that I will be working with and to do hands on wiring from the solar panel to the electrical panel."
"I enrolled three of my employees in the Advanced Solar PV and CleanEdison really helped me with the process, offering me a great deal that allowed me to save money and improve my business, I plan on enrolling the rest of my organization with CleanEdison where they offer proper training and make my company current. CleanEdison is well organized with great communitcation, I look forward to continue doing business with CleanEdison. "
"These courses are phenomenal, Michael has an extrodinary amount of knowledge on solar system, he truly made this class enjoyable and understanding . So happy I enrolled with CleanEdison. Hope to take more classes in the future."
"I learned a lot from an enthusiastic instructor that taught us from his 10 years of solar installation experience - not just from the book."
"I found the course work concise and thorough. Ken was great, loads of experience and kept the class interesting. The highlight for me was going through battery based systems and the discussion of the 3 MW system Ken commissioned."
"Our training course went really well last week, I think we all really got a lot out of it."
"I would like to express my great appreciation for CleanEdison’s professionalism as a company and ways of doing business. Every step of the process felt like it was taken care of by someone for me. The customer service was excellent, the staff was extremely friendly, the instructor projected confidence and experience. I learned a lot from the course and want to conclude: Great job CleanEdison, money well spent."
Advanced Solar PV Training
CleanEdison's Advanced Solar Installation course aligns with the standards set forth by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). This course will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills and certification needed to become fully certified solar energy professionals.
- CleanEdison's Advanced Solar PV training both provides the required advanced training hours and exam preparation for the NABCEP PV Installer Certification exam.
- As the solar industry continues to mature, employers and customers are beginning to expect NABCEP Certification for installers.
- Participants in this course will have the opportunity to gain the advanced knowledge needed to stand out as a trained and qualified photovoltaic installer, business owner, project manager or system designer.
- This solar energy training course was designed to NABCEP's Job Task Analysis
- You will gain solar installation skills that can immediately be applied to the field
- The solar energy industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation
- Anyone with experience in solar PV installation who wants to qualify for the NABCEP PV Installer Exam.
There are no prerequisites, but it is highly recommended to take CleanEdison's Entry Level Solar PV training beforehand. Most people take the Solar PV Mastery Combo Course
Our Advanced Solar Training is ideal for:
- Have an understanding of the various types of systems within a home, their components and functions and how they inter-operate
- Know the process of completing an Advanced Solar PV Training and be able to communicate this to Customers
- Be able to conduct safety performance tests to assess system condition, identify saving opportunities and prepare a "workscope" with meaningful, cost effective retrofit solutions
- Pass the Advanced Solar PV Training written and field exams
- Section A1: Verify System Design
- Section A2: Review Site Survey
- Section A3: Confirm System Sizing
- Section A4: Review Design of Energy Storage Systems
- Section A5: Confirm String Sizing Calculations
- Section A6: Review System Components
- Section A7: Review Wiring and Conduit Size Calculations
- Section A8: Review Overcurrent Protection
- Section A9: Review Fastener Selection
- Section A10: Review Plan Sets
- Section B1: Conduct Pre-Construction Meetings
- Section B2: Secure Permits and Approval
- Section B3: Manage Project Labor
- Section B4: Adapt System Design
- Section B5: Manage Project Equipment
- Section B6: Implement A Site-Specific Safety Plan
- Section C1: Mitigate Electrical Hazards
- Section C2: Install Grounding Systems
- Section C3: Install Conduit and Raceways
- Section C4: Install Electrical Components
- Section C5: Install Circuit Conductors
- Section C6: Install Utility Interconnections
- Section C7: Install Utility System Instrumentation
- Section C8: Install Battery Components
- Section D1: Install Equipment Foundations
- Section D2: Install Mounting System
- Section D3: Install PV Modules
- Section E1: Test the System
- Section E2: Commission the System
- Section E3: Complete System Documentation
- Section E4: Orient Customer to System
- Section F1: Conducting Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Section F2: Perform Visual Inspection
- Section F3: Verify System Operation
- Section F4: Verify Effectiveness of Corrective Action
CleanEdison's 40-hour intensive 5-day Advanced Solar PV training course covers a wide range of topics, including current industry standards for photovoltaic system design and installation best practices.
Day 1 Course Outline:
Day 2 Course Outline:
Day 3 Course Outline:
Day 4 Course Outline:
Day 5 Course Outline:
- Online Option: 40-hour online self-paced course
- Live Option: 5-day, 40-hour course includes 4 days in the classroom with components and a full day of hands-on training in the field with real panels
- Understanding NEC Requirements for Solar PV Systems Textbook
- NEC Code Book 2011
- 100 practice questions for the NABCEP PV Installer exam
- OR -
- Both Options Include -
- All candidates for the Solar PV Installation Professional Certification must have experience in the field acting as the person responsible for installing PV systems, a minimum of 58 hours or advanced PV training and an OSHA 10 hour construction industry card or equivalent
- All candidate must pay NABCEP for complete an application by the exam deadline
- In order to qualify for the Solar PV Installer Exam, a candidate must successfully complete a minimum of 58 hours advanced PV training before the application deadline
- A minimum 40 of the 58 prescribed hours must cover advanced solar PV installation and design principles and practices addressed in the NABCEP PV Installer Job Task Analysis
- Up to 18 hours of the Entry Level Course can be applied toward the total 58 hours required IF a passing score is achieved on the NABCEP Entry Level Exam. If a passing score on the NABCEP Entry Level Exam is not achieved, the 18 hours of the Entry Level portion of CleanEdison training will not apply and must be met through some other advanced training. See NABCEP Certification Handbook for details.
- All candidates for the Solar PV Installation Professional Exam must provide documentation for 3 or 5 installations, where they have acted in the role of contractor, lead installer, foreman, supervisor, or journeyman
- Candidates must provide system information, permits and inspection for each project that he/she has installed
- Upon approval of an application for certification, the candidate will receive an approval letter and an examination scheduling. The approval letter provides information for scheduling an examination
- The examination scheduling form must be submitted electronically, mailed or faxed at least 43 days before the desired examination date
- Each examination consists of 70 equally weighted multiple choice questions
- 60 of the questions are scored and 10 of the questions are unscored pilot questions
- The pilot questions are randomly distributed throughout the examinations and are not identified
- The time limit for the examination is 4 hours
- The NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification is designed to be completed with the aid of the National Electric Code book
- The text materials required to take the test will be provided for each candidate at the site:
- 2011 National Electrical Code, NFPA 70 (PV Installation Professional Exam only)
- Calculator - a Casio fx260 or a similar model
- Two #2 pencils
- Make sure to bring your admission letter and a government issued photo ID that includes their name exactly as it is on your admission letter.
- A scaled score of 70 is required to achieve a passing score on the NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification Examination
- Exam score reports will be completed and mailed to the candidate prior to 6 weeks following the administration of the exam
- Grade results and pass/fail status will not be given out of the telephone or by email
- Certification is valid for 3 years following the date of issue
- During that time a certification holder may use the certification desgination after their name to show that they are certified
- Certification holders will recieve a frame for their certificate and information on maintaining the credential through the Recertification Program when they are notified of their successful certification
CleanEdison's Advanced Solar PV course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification.
Here are the steps to becoming eligible for, and successfully passing, the NABCEP PV Installation Professional exam:
*Note: Summary presented below, for complete information, reference the NABCEP Certification Handbook
Please contact NABCEP directly with any questions regarding Certification requirements: (800) 654-0021 www.NABCEP.org
Step 1: Requirements
Step 2: Training
Step 3: Installations
Step 4: Scheduling Examination Site & Time
Step 5: Exam
Step 6: What to Bring to the Exam
Step 7: Determination of Passing Score
Step 8: Exam Scoring Time Frame
Step 9: Certification Status
Live Course + Books + NABCEP Entry Level Exam Fee: $2395
Early Bird Discount: Only $1795 when you book 30+ days in advance!
Online Anytime Course: $995
One-on-One Tutoring: $100 per hour: Sessions scheduled with trainer after purchase
Student financing and payment plans now available! Call 888-513-3476 for more information. (Not available with early bird discount)
How Much Work is Available for Solar Installers?
The solar industry has been doubling in size every year for the past 4 years and this trend is expected to continue. There are over 170,000 professionals in the solar industry.
Why Get Certified by NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners)?
Solar installation companies often seek those who have passed their NABCEP Entry Level Exam when hiring new employees. The certification shows that you have demonstrated a certain level of knowledge needed to safely and effectively perform a solar installation. Many state incentives require a NABCEP Entry Level Certification to offer rebates to homeowners.
The NABCEP PV Installer Certification is a higher level certification that shows that you have a significant level of experience, as well as in-depth knowledge and training in solar system design and installation. This is not required when looking for employment, but is often looked for when becoming a project leader on solar installations.
Are There Any Prerequisites for NABCEP Certification?
While anyone can take the NABCEP Entry Level Exam, You must have taken 18 Hours of Entry Level Solar Training in order to have the credit hours recognized by NABCEP.
The NABCEP Solar PV Installer Exam can only be taken by those with sufficient levels of Advanced Training and industry experience. A candidate must complete 58 hours of NABCEP Approved Solar Training, 40 of which must be Advanced Training. In addition, they must have completed 3-5 Installs and have their OSHA 10 Certification.
What is Involved in the NABCEP Certification Exams?
The NABCEP Entry Level Exam is a two hour, 60 question multiple-choice test. This may be taken anytime at any Castle Worldwide Testing Location.
The NABCEP Solar PV Installer Exam is only administered twice a year. You must have all of the requirements completed before the application deadline, which is two months before the exam. The two hour, 65 question multiple-choice exam covers all the topics of the NABCEP Job Task Analysis for Solar PV Installation Professionals. The passing rate for this exam hovers around 40%, so it is important to get the best training in the industry and prepare thoroughly.
Course Locations Select a location for additional class details
|Name||Location||Start Date||End Date||Price|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Atlanta, GA||August 4th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Baltimore, MD||April 28th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Birmingham, AL||June 23rd, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Boston, MA||June 23rd, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Brooklyn, NY||May 27th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Chicago, IL||May 12th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Cincinnati, OH||May 12th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Cleveland, OH||May 12th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Dallas, TX||May 27th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Denver, CO||May 5th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Fresno, CA||May 12th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Honolulu, HI||May 12th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Houston, TX||June 16th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Indianapolis, IN||May 12th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Kansas City, MO||May 19th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Las Vegas, NV||July 7th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Long Island, NY||May 12th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Los Angeles, CA||July 14th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Miami, FL||May 5th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Minneapolis, MN||May 12th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||New Orleans, LA||April 28th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Newark, NJ||July 7th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Norfolk, VA||June 16th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Oklahoma City, OK||May 12th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Philadelphia, PA||May 12th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Phoenix, AZ||May 12th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Pittsburgh, PA||May 12th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Portland, OR||June 16th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Raleigh, NC||May 12th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Rochester, NY||June 9th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Salt Lake City, UT||May 12th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||San Antonio, TX||May 12th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||San Bernardino, CA||May 5th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||San Diego, CA||May 19th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||San Francisco, CA||May 27th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Seattle, WA||April 28th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||St. Louis, MO||June 9th, 2014||$2395|
|Advanced Solar PV Training||Tampa, FL||August 11th, 2014||$2395|