- There are currently no reviews available for this course.
AC / Heat Pump For BPI Certification
Why take this course:
The Air Conditioning / Heat Pump Professional certification by The Building Performance Institute (BPI) prepares participants to ensure cooling systems function properly to maximize comfort and energy efficiency in residential buildings.
Paired with the BPI Building Analyst certification, the BPI Air Conditioning / Heat Pump Cooling Certification makes your firm eligible for BPI Accreditation. BPI Accreditation is vital for home performance contracting companies who wish to participate in state and federal incentives that require work to be completed by accredited companies only.
This course is ideal for HVAC technicians, general contractors, electricians, home inspectors, energy auditors and anyone interested in the energy-related aspects of cooling a building.
Course prerequisites: National Recycling and Emission Reduction Program; EPA 608 Level II or Universal certification are required in order to take this class.
What you'll learn:
CleanEdison's 20-hour Air Conditioning / Heat Pump Cooling Professional course gives participants the opportunity to work with the equipment they’ll come across every day on the job and understand the role these systems play within the house-as-a-system approach.
With this knowledge, participants will be qualified to properly diagnose and correct problems with a building's cooling systems in order to achieve peak performance.
- 3-day course includes 10 hours of live classroom instruction and 10 hours of field training working with real equipment
- CleanEdison BPI AC / Heat Pump Student Manual ($95 value)
- All exam fees, written and field exam scheduling
- CleanEdison Pass Guarantee: if you do not pass the certification exam on your first try, you may re-take the course at no additional cost
- CleanEdison Course Policy
The AC / Heat Pump Professional course prepares trainees to sit for the 100-question written exam and perform the 2-hour field exams for BPI Air Conditioning and Heat Pump Professional certification taken upon completion of the course.