"Hosted Building Analyst class with 15 students. Everything was carried out professionally and the the quality was very high. I plan on setting up another BA class in the next year or so."
"Had a great experience in class - You can use me as a reference! Looking forward to getting a job in the area."
"Since I became BPI certified, using the CleanEdison course, I have been able to secure a job and end my 9 months of unemployment. After company downsizing left me with no job last year, I pursued every position I saw available. However, I wasnt able to secure one until I received certification as a Building Analyst. Now I have a new career and new life. Thank you!"
"Thank you so much for your instruction and administering the BPI exam. You really instilled the confidence that I need to perform well in the field and operate a thriving business. I am truly grateful and would not hesitate to refer others to take your training sessions in the future."
"CleanEdison's class was phenomenal. John Mitchell has an extraordinary amount of knowledge on the BPI system and really brought our class together. I passed the written exam and I'm still waiting for my field exam, but I'm totally confident I passed that too. Next step: BPI Envelope Specialist!"
"I took the class in 2009. My instructor was very helpful, shared her knowledge and truly wanted everyone in the class to be successful. I only wish this program would come back to our state of Washington."
"My experience with Clean Edison started with a search of the web for classes on BPI certification. I was impressed at the onset that Elliot answered the phone. Elliot was very helpful and did all he said he would. There were several schedule changes on your part, that was my only frustration. Bill who taught the class did a fine job. Tom who was the proctor for the field exam was first class. I plan on taking future classes for BPI and LEED certification with Clean Edison."
"I have been a college professor for 10 years and I have observed many instructors leading lectures. The instructor was amazing, ranks among the best I have seen in my career. CleanEdison’s training techniques made me happy paying for the course – so few things nowadays deserve their pay. Thank you CleanEdison."
BPI Building Analyst
CleanEdison's BPI Building Analyst course aligns with the professional standards of excellence set forth by the Building Performance Institute (BPI). This BPI training will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills and certification needed to excel in the home energy performance industry.
Why take this course:
- BPI Building Analyst certification is the nation's most widely recognized energy auditor certification
- This BPI Certification covers the fundamental knowledge recommended before taking advanced BPI certifications that will allow your company to apply for BPI Accreditation. Most individuals take the BPI Building Analyst / Envelope Professional Combo to take advantage of BPI Accreditation
- The classroom portion of the course can be taken either in person or online
- The home energy performance industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation
Who Should Take This Course:
There are no prerequisites. Our BPI Building Analyst training is ideal for:
- Home inspectors
- General contractors
- HVAC technicians
- Insulation professionals
- Home builders
- Anyone interested in a career in energy auditing.
What you'll learn:
Our energy audit training incorporates BPI Certification standards, which emphasize the 'house-as-a-system' approach to energy auditing. This model recognizes that all systems are interconnected, from gas and electric appliances to heating and cooling systems, to the building envelope, foundation, walls, roof, doors and windows.
- Introduction to Building Science
- Principles of Energy
- Air Quality & Moisture
- Combustion Safety
- Air Leakage
- Thermal & Pressure Boundary
- Insulation Techniques & Applications
- Ventilation Requirements
- Blower Door & Manometer Analysis
- Duct Blaster Applications
- BPI Standards & Ethics
- 4-day course includes 18 hours of classroom instruction (live or online) and 10 hours of live field bpi training
- Online materials for self-study before the course
- CleanEdison BPI Building Analyst Essentials Textbook ($99 value)
- A copy of the BPI Technical Standards
- Live review session with practice questions
- All scheduling and fees for both the written exam and field test
- CleanEdison Pass Guarantee: if you do not pass the certification exam on your first try, you may re-take the course at no additional cost
- CleanEdison Course Policy
This BPI training course prepares participants to sit for the two-hour 100 question written exam and perform the two-hour field test taken directly after the course.
A 70% on the written exam and successful completion of the field exam will earn the candidate the nationally recognized BPI Building Analyst Certification.
Live Course + Field Training + Written and Field Exams: $1995*
Early bird discount: $1795 when you book 30 days or more in advance!
One-on-One Tutoring: $100 per hour - Sessions scheduled with trainer after purchase
Study Materials: $50 for 100 practice questions and BPI Written Exam Study Guide
*Student financing and payment plans now available! Call 888-513-3476 for more information (Not available with early bird discount).