"This certification fits well with my other skills, I am more competitive now"
"Very exciting job offers are opening up now, thanks CleanEdison!"
"Looking forward the next job to apply my new skills, this course was excellent"
"This course is very useful, I learnt a lot"
"The sessions were enjoyable, especially the practice session"
"I am planning to get more certifications at CleanEdison, it has been very productive for my business"
"The training was very good, the material was clearly explained"
"Attending this CleanEdison course has been very helpful, I already got a new job"
"Thanks to CleanEdison, I have gotten more opportunities"
"The practical sessions made a difference"
"The instructor was very knowledgeable and explained the manuals thoroughly"
"The CleanEdison courses are taught well and I have learnt a lot in different courses"
"Enrolling at CleanEdison has been a positive experience"
"There are many opportunities now for me, this course has allowed me to apply to new jobs"
"This certification has allowed me to apply to more bids"
"This course was highly technical and the practice helped to grasp the content"
"This course was very useful, I will try to enroll in another course next year"
"This course was excellent, time was used to the fullest"
"I increased my skills, the practical experience was very useful"
"The instructor was knowledgeable"
"I enjoyed the course at CleanEdison, very helpful to find more jobs"
"The class was highly technical yet easy to understand"
"At CleanEdison, they are very helpful not only during the training but also afterwards with the webinars"
"This CleanEdison course is very complete, it surpassed my expectations"
"This training is excellent, it has been enriching"
"I am glad I took the time to participate in this course, the content is excellent"
"With this certification, I am ready for new opportunities."
"This was a productive session, I already booked two jobs with this certification"
"Classes at CleanEdison are effective and the practical session was very useful"
"Excellent material, now I am ready to apply to more jobs"
"I really enjoyed the training at CleanEdison, the manual is easy to understand"
"Thanks to this certification, I got more job offers"
"Afterworking in this industry for a few years, CleanEdison helped me to update my skills"
"It was an excellent course, really enjoyed the experience"
"I enjoyed the training at CleanEdison, it was great to have technical experience on class"
"Great course, I want to keep expanding my certifications at CleanEdison"
"At CleanEdison, they take care of every detail, from registration until the exam, I recommend it"
"Very good class, great instructor, I am confident it will bring more customers"
"This training opens many opportunities for jobs with better salaries"
"The manual was up to date and the field experience was useful, very good instructor"
"Very good experience with CleanEdison, I already found more opportunities"
"The instructor was excellent! Explained the manual well"
"Since the group was small, the instructor ensured everybody followed"
"Our instructor was an expert, explained the material really well"
"The practice made the difference, I recommend it"
"This course was useful, the instructor made learning easy"
"This course has been so helpful, I am really glad I chose CleanEdison to start my new career. The field experience was amazing."
"Happy I came to CleanEdison: the training was specific and practical"
"I look forward the webinars, to stay up to date"
"This certification will bring me more opportunities"
"The manual was up to code and the instructor explained it well"
"The people at Clean Edison were very accommodating when booking class and always promptly returned emails. The online class had the right information for me to pass the written and field exams the first time. The proctor and location at the CAS in Garfield Nj were very professional. I recommend that location to anyone."
"CleanEdison is an organized company full of very nice people. When enrolling for classes I receieved great information and guideance on the courses I should enroll in to help me further my career, and it really has advanced my career by securing more jobs. "
"I really enjoyed the field training, where we could practice the skills and receive comments from the instructor on how to improve on our weaknesses and tell us our strengths, which determined which areas we need more practice on for the field exam. This was a great aspect of the learning course and helped us understand how to apply our skills. "
"I have really enjoyed having the pleasure to take the BPI (Building Analyst and Envelope Shell) training. The instructors were professional and very helpful. I would most certainly recommend the training for everyone whether your a person in the industry or not."
"George did a fine job of relaying information pertaining to BPI certification, I would highly recommend taking courses with CleanEdison, since you're able to start a career fast in this up and coming industry. "
"Taking these courses really help you pass the exams. With the online course I can work and still have time to study."
"CleanEdison provides courses in various of fields where you can learn new material and take the exam in a short amount of time. Taking multiple of courses lets me build my company at a faster pace and become progressive in these fields."
"CleanEdison has helped me to do more with my business, by taking more courses in a short amount of time."
"I've been doing audits without accreditation, but I felt it was time to enhance my business with the BPI Certifications. Good training and the whole process ran smoothly."
"I took your BPI course in NJ last month. I really enjoyed meeting the other students and many of us have stayed in touch since the end of the class. I fully plan on taking the Envelope and Shell class in August. Not only did I pass the BPI Building Analyst exam, but John gave me a lot of great pointers for getting my Home Performance business started. Thank you!"
"Just got my Building Analyst Certification today! Taking the BPI Envelope/Shell class on August 17th... This is definitely the FAST TRACK to BPI certification and becoming a BPI accredited contractor."
"THE BPI BUILDING ANALYST/ ENVELOPE SPECIALIST training has given me the basic knowledge in energy efficiency and why it is so important for home owners to insulate and weatherize their homes. also saving home owners on energy cost and help keeping our planet cleane. My instructor Mr. Reed Donelli was" SimplyThe Best" assisting me with every asspect, questions, problems, and training material helping me find where to i could look for information. i stromgly encourage everyone possibe to take this course. i plan on take many others. thank you Clean Edison and your staff."
"I would like to thank CleanEdison for all of your help and support. I completed the Building Analyst and Envelope Professional courses and passed both of the exams and field test. Our instructor was fantastic. He has the unique ability to take the theory of Building Science and explain it in simple to understand terms. I would highly recommend CleanEdison."
"Clean Edison was very supportive and helpful in assisting me in getting signed up for BPI's Envelope Shell and Building Analyst Courses. The courses were very good, and Clean Edison couldn't have been more supportive."
"Great Experience. I do not hesitate in saying that CleanEdison changed my life. I was unemployed and unhappy last year, and after CleanEdison helped me find a great funding opportunity, I enrolled in their Newark, NJ Building Analyst / Envelope & Shell Professional Combination course. A year later, I am employed and my employer just paid for me to enroll in CleanEdison's Solar PV Bootcamp course. I can not recommend this company's training more."
"I just wanted to let you know I passed both the written and field exams. I want to thank you for your expertise and training. I had a great week andI look forward to learning more in this field."
"I would like to express my gratitude for all your help regarding the LEED prep and BPI certification. I have taken the prep courses for the LEED GA and AP exams, completed the LEED online project experience and this past week completed the BPI Building Analyst course. I passed the two written tests with an 87 and 90 as well as the field exam. I appreciate you helping me add these credentials to my resume and thank you for your efforts in navigating the application process."
BPI BA/ES Combo Course
CleanEdison's BPI Building Analyst / Envelope Professional Combo course aligns with the professional standards set forth by the Building Performance Institute (BPI). This combination will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills and certification needed to excel in the home energy performance industry.
- By combining the Building Analyst and Envelope Professional certification courses into one program, you will gain a comprehensive understanding of the all the knowledge and skills needed to be a certified energy auditor, while saving time and money on training
- Together, the BPI Building Analyst and BPI Envelope Professional certifications make your firm eligible for accreditation by The Building Performance Institute (BPI). BPI Accreditation is often required to offer federal, state and local incentives to your customers
- The classroom portion of the course can be taken either in-person or conveniently online
- You will gain energy auditing skills that can immediately be applied to the field
- The home energy performance industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation
- Home inspectors
- HVAC technicians
- General contractors
- Home builders
- Insulation Professionals
- Anyone interested in a career in energy auditing.
There are no prerequisites. Our BPI Building Analyst / Envelope Professional training is ideal for:
- Have an understanding of the various types systems within a home, their components and functions and how they interoperate
- Know the process of completing a BPI energy audit to Building Analyst Standards and be able to communicate this to Customers
- Be able to conduct safety and performance tests to assess system condition, identify savings opportunities and prepare a workscope with meaningful, cost-effective retrofit solutions
- Understand the installation process of ALL suggested and installed workscope measures and inspect for accuracy
- Pass the BPI Building Analyst and Envelope written and field exams
- Section 1: What is BPI?
- Section2: Building Science Basics
- Section 3: Energy and the consumer
- Section 4: Energy Basics
- Section 5: Degree Days
- Section 6: Building Envelope
- Section 7: Diagnostic Procedures
- Section 8: Windows & Doors
- Section 9: Air Leakage
- Section10: Finding Aie Leaks
- Section 11: Air Sealing
- Section 12: Duct Leakage
- Section 13: Insulation
- Section 14: Basements & Crawlspaces
- Section 15: Lighting & Appliances
- Section 16: Home Heating Basics
- Section 17: Combustion Heating
- Section 18: Water Heating
- Section 19: Cooling Systems
- Section 20: Health & Safety
- Section 21: Combustion Appliance Testing
- Section 22: Audit Process
- Section 23: Optional Slides
- AM - Field Training - Audit Demonstration
- PM - Field Training - Candidate Audit Hands-On
- 8:00 - 10:00 Review for Written Test
- 10:00 - 12:00 Online Test
- 1:00 - 5:00 Field Test (2hr Slots)
- 9:00 - 5:00pm Field Test (2hr Slots)
- Day 6 - 9:00 Field Test Slots if needed
CleanEdison's online intensive BA/ES Combo Course combines our BPI Building Analyst training and Envelope Professional training into a concise program.
Field Training Outline:
- 28 hours of online instruction and 9 hours of live field training
- CleanEdison BPI Building Analyst Essentials Textbook ($99 value)
- CleanEdison Envelope Professional Student Manual ($95 value)
- Live review session with practice questions
- All BPI exam fees and scheduling
- CleanEdison Pass Guarantee: if you do not pass the certification exam on your first try, you may re-take the course at no additional cost
- Take a 100-question written exam and field exam that covers the fundamentals of building science as well as knowledge specific to the certification being attempted
- If you are seeking more than one certification, then you would also take a 50-question exam in the certification designation, plus complete the field exams
- Complete the application exam successfully, with an overall score of 70% or higher
- Complete the Combustion Appliance Zone (CAZ) and Carbon Monoxide (CO) sections of the field exams with a grade of 85% or higher
- The process time for exam results are four to six weeks
- Obtain thirty (30) Continuing Education Units to recertify every three years.
CleanEdison's BPI BA/ES Combo course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized BPI BA/ES Combo certification.
Here are the steps to becoming eligible for, and successfully passing, the BPI BA/ES Combo exam:
Step 1: Training
Take a BPI BA/ES Combo course with CleanEdison.
Step 2: Exam
The BPI Building Analyst and BPI Envelope Professional exams will be provided directly after the course.
In order to pass the written and field exam you will need to do the following:
Live Course + Field Training + Written and Field Exams: $2995*
Early Bird Discount: Only $2595* when you book 30 days or more in advance!
One-on-One Tutoring: $100 per hour - Sessions scheduled with trainer after purchase
*Student financing and payment plans now available! Call 888-513-3476 for more information (Not available with early bird discount).
What is the Average Salary and Amount of Work Available for Energy Auditors?
The national average salary for an energy auditor is $64,030 and the industry is expected to add over 600,000 jobs over the next 10 years
Why Get BPI Certified?
Simply put, BPI Certification makes you a more attractive candidate for employment. Moreover, BPI certified auditors can point to their certification as an assurance of quality for customers. There are many low-cost, low-benefit options available for home owners. These certifications will allow you to justify a higher cost, high-benefit service.
When and Where Do the Exams Take Place?
The 100 question written exams are administered after a morning review on the second day of training. Each field exam is a two hour one-on-one exam proctored by a BPI Testing Center taken in a 2 hour slot the days following training in a Field House nearby your training location. Remember, this course includes two certification exams.
Course Locations Select a location for additional class details
|Name||Location||Start Date||End Date||Price|
|BPI BA/ES Combo Course||Baltimore, MD||November 3rd, 2014||$2995|
|BPI BA/ES Combo Course||Boston, MA||October 27th, 2014||$2995|
|BPI BA/ES Combo Course||Chicago, IL||October 6th, 2014||$2995|
|BPI BA/ES Combo Course||Dallas, TX||October 20th, 2014||$2995|
|BPI BA/ES Combo Course||Newark, NJ||September 8th, 2014||$2995|
|BPI BA/ES Combo Course||North Carolina, NC||October 6th, 2014||$2995|
|BPI BA/ES Combo Course||Tutoring, AA||July 22nd, 2014||$2995|