"This course was very good, I am opening to new job markets"
"This new skillset has high demand, I am happy I attended the class"
"This was money and time well invested, I can see many job opportunities now"
"It is not easy to select a training program, you won’t regret choosing CleanEdison"
"The field practice made the difference, this course is excellent"
"The curriculum is very complete and the practical session is extremely useful"
"Really liked the online option, it helped me to fit the class into my schedule"
"The class was well organized and the manual is easy to understand"
"This a great solution to widen your options as a general contractor"
"CleanEdison is a very good investment, it started paying off right away"
"I was looking for new sources of work, this has been great for my business"
"This course opened new opportunities for me"
"Awesome instructor, patient and expert on the topic"
"The course is innovative and the material up to code"
"Looking forward to keep expanding my certification with CleanEdison, it has been very productive"
"Thanks to CleanEdison, I got new job offers"
"Now I feel more confident on my knowledge and with this certification, I will get more jobs"
"Thanks Cleanedison for a first class session, I highly recommend it"
"With this certification, I will get more customers"
"It was a great experience, from registration to the exam, I am ready for new clients"
"I really like the online resources, it helped me to get prepared for the class"
"I am glad the class was small and the instructor had the chance to ensure everybody caught up"
"Our instructor was very knowledgeable and patient"
"This class helped me to understand better the impact of insulation techniques and materials"
"As general contractor, you need to learn about energy efficiency, I am satisfied with this course"
"The structure of the course is well organized, I liked it"
"Looking for options to market your skills better? This will help!"
"The field practice was excellent, I recommend it"
"This course was very well presented, it made learning easy"
"Happy I came to CleanEdison to upgrade my skillset"
"I look forward the upcoming webinars, to help me increase my knowledge"
"This certification will open more job opportunities"
"The information was up to code and well presented"
"This will help me grow my business, thanks CleanEdison"
"This will be a very useful certification, I am glad I came to CleanEdison"
"This was a great opportunity, thanks for the scholarship, you helped find a way to attend"
"Great option to update your abilities, I recommend it"
"Thanks CleanEdison, with these skills I am able to apply to more jobs"
"Great company to learn at, very well organized"
"This was an excellent class, I highly recommend it to widen your skills"
"Steve is an excellent instructor, I am glad he taught us"
"This course really offered the most innovative techniques, I am glad I chose CleanEdison"
"I really liked the course and I will be checking on the webinars often to keep up to date"
"The instructor was clearly qualified, the course was taught well"
"So glad I completed this certification, got two jobs offers afterwards"
"Rob the instructor was really helpful, I feel ready and confident on my new knowledge"
"Excellent experience, the course was well organized and the material was clear and complete"
"I am happy my company enrolled me on this course, I learnt a lot"
"At CleanEdison everybody is helpful, from the enrollment until the end of the course, I recommend it"
"This course has helped me widen my skills"
"Great course, very well organized, right away my job revenues improved."
"CleanEdison provided me with the basic knowledge and hands-on training to start my new career in the industry. The instructor was well-organized, presented the course material in a very clear style. He always showed up well prepared and was able to answer most of the questions being raised, both practical and technical. Overall I am extremely satisfied with the course, the materials used, the organization – I am happy I chose CleanEdison."
BPI Envelope Professional
CleanEdison's BPI Envelope Professional course aligns with the professional standards set forth by the Building Performance Institute (BPI). This advanced energy auditor training will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills and certification needed to excel in the home energy performance industry.
- This BPI certification, in conjunction with the BPI Building Analyst certification, will make your company eligible to apply for BPI Accreditation. Accreditation allows your firm to take advantage of federal, state and local incentive programs that are available only to firms with accreditation.
- The classroom portion of the course can be taken either in-person or conveniently online
- You will gain energy auditing skills that can immediately be applied to the field
- The home energy performance industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation
- Home inspectors
- General contractors
- HVAC technicians
- Insulation professionals
- Anyone interested in the energy-related aspects of a building's exterior.
There are no prerequisites, although the BPI Building Analyst Certification is recommended. Most individuals take the BPI Building Analyst / Envelope Professional Combo.
Our BPI Envelope Professional training is ideal for:
- Have an understanding of the various types of styems within a home, their components and functions and how they inter-operate
- Know the process of completing a BPI Enevelope Professional and be able to communicate this to Customers
- Be able to conduct safety and performance tests to assess system condition, identify savings opportunities and prepare a "workscope" with meaningful, cost effective retrofit solutions
- Pass the BPI Enevlope Professional written and fields exam
- Section 1: Energy Basics
- Section 2: Moisture
- Section 3: Thermal Boundary
- Section 4: Pressured Boundary
- Section 5: Mechanical Ventilation
- Section 6: Pressure Diagnostics
- Section 7: Forced Air Distribution System
- Section 8: Combustion Safety
- Recap of BPI Standards
- Blower Door testing
- CAZ testing
- Duct Blaster testing
- Heat loss determination
CleanEdison's 18-hour Envelope Professional course focuses on the thermal and pressure boundaries of a building as well as ways to enhance the building envelope through insulation and air-sealing techniques.
- 2 days of classroom training or 10 hours of online instruction and 8 hours of live field training
- Online materials for self-study before the course
- CleanEdison Envelope Professional Student Manual ($95 value)
- A copy of the BPI Technical Standards
- Live review session with practice questions
- All exam fees, written and field exam scheduling
- CleanEdison Pass Guarantee: if you do not pass the certification exam on your first try, you may re-take the course at no additional cost
- Take a BPI Envelope Professional course with CleanEdison.
- Take a 100-question written exam and field exam that covers the building science building envelopes as well as knowledge specific to the BPI Envelope Professional certification
- Complete the applicable exams successfully, with an overall score of 70% or higher
- Complete the Combustion Appliance Zone (CAZ) and Carbon Monoxide (CO) sections of the field exams with a grade of 85% or higer
- The process time for exam results is four to six weeks
- Obtain thirty (30) Continuing Education Units to recertify every three years.
CleanEdison's BPI Envelope Professional course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized BPI Envelope certification.
Here are the steps to becoming eligble for, and successfully passing, the BPI Envelope Professional exam:
Step 1: Training
Step 2: Exam
The BPI Envelope Professional exams will be provided directly after the course.
In order to pass the written and field exam you will need to do the following:
Live Course + Field Training + Written and Field Exams: $1595*
Early Bird Discount: Only $1395 when you book 30 days or more in advance!
One-onOne Tutoring: $100 per hour - Sessions scheduled with trainer after purchase
*Student financing and payment plans now available! Call 888-513-3476 for more information (Not available with early bird discount).
What is the Average Salary and Amount of Work Available for Energy Auditors?
The national average salary for an energy auditor is $64,030 and the industry is expected to add over 600,000 jobs over the next 10 years
Why Get BPI Certified?
Simply put, BPI Certification makes you a more attractive candidate for employment. Moreover, BPI certified auditors can point to their certification as an assurance of quality for customers. There are many low-cost, low-benefit options available for home owners. These certifications will allow you to justify a higher cost, high-benefit service.
When and Where Do the Exams Take Place?
The 100 question written exams are administered after a morning review on the second day of training. The field exam is a two hour one-on-one exam proctored by a BPI Testing Center taken in a 2 hour slot the days following training in a Field House nearby your training location.
Course Locations Select a location for additional class details
|Name||Location||Start Date||End Date||Price|
|BPI Envelope Professional||Baltimore, MD||September 29th, 2014||$1595|
|BPI Envelope Professional||Boston, MA||September 2nd, 2014||$1595|
|BPI Envelope Professional||Chicago, IL||August 11th, 2014||$1595|
|BPI Envelope Professional||Dallas, TX||August 25th, 2014||$1595|
|BPI Envelope Professional||Houston, TX||September 2nd, 2014||$1595|
|BPI Envelope Professional||Los Angeles, CA||August 11th, 2014||$1595|
|BPI Envelope Professional||Newark, NJ||September 8th, 2014||$1595|
|BPI Envelope Professional||San Diego, CA||September 29th, 2014||$1595|
|BPI Envelope Professional||San Francisco, CA||August 18th, 2014||$1595|
|BPI Envelope Professional||Tutoring, AA||July 22nd, 2014||$1595|