"The handbooks are an excellent resource you will use over and over"
"This was an enriching experience, it opens many doors"
"The instructor was an expert and provided clear advice"
"The trainer was very good and concise"
"Many cities are now performing regular audits, there are many opportunities after this course"
"The material is detailed and well written"
"This course is very specialized, very few training companies offer it"
"The instructor was a true expert and provided useful tools"
"This is a key skill for urban development, I am glad I could get certified so quickly "
"Thanks to CleanEdison I was able to finance this course and now I am off to better positions!"
"This certification can help you in any city with aging infrastructure, I am glad I came to CleanEdison"
CleanEdison's GPNA Software course aligns with the new Green Physical Needs Assessment tool developed by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). This course will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills and tools needed to effectively perform a green physical needs assessment.
Public Housing Authorities (PHAs) receive over $2 billion each year to develop and modernize public housing. But until this point, there was no way to measure the effectiveness of these funds, especially with energy efficiency.
Because of this, HUD has released a Green Physical Needs Assessment (GPNA) tool to assess the life cycle needs of public housing units andbuildings.
This tool will enable HUD and PHAs to measure the impact of funding and develop management practices to implement capital towards the most effective energy efficiency solutions. It is important that PHAs receive the proper GPNA training to be able to fulfill their HUD obligations.
- PNA Submissions to HUD must be done through the new PNA tool
- PHAs will have one year to submit PNAs and energy audits using the new tool
- Previous HUD requirements exempted small PHAs. All PHAs must now use the new tool
- HUD PIC data must be fully reviewed, edited, and accurate down to the building and unit level detail (before the assessment can be started)
- The new rule has minimum GPNA Training and qualification requirements
- The new HUD PNA tool requires using an approved cost index
- Identifying and prioritizing work to be performed using Capital Funds
- Making long-term strategic decisions regarding housing portfolios
- Evaluating decisions on the developmental level.
- Prepare for an assessment
- Conduct a PNA
- Review and revise data.
- Identifying the four main Needs Components
CleanEdison's one or two day GPNA training prepares participants to conduct assessments using the new Green PNA tool.
- 1 day GPNA overview
- 2 day GPNA Training Course
- All tools needed to submit, review and edit a GPNA
- Blank version of the new GPNA tool
- Overview of approved cost indexes
One day GPNA overview: $595
Two day GPNA course: $995