"This course was very good, I will try to add to these certifications in the future"
"Very glad with the instructor, answered all questions expertly"
"It was a satisfactory training, the instructor was knowledgeable"
"This new certification will help me grow my business thanks CleanEdison"
"I have taken other courses, however few are as well organized as CleanEdison’s"
"Very satisfied after this CleanEdison course, it will help me offer more services to my customers"
"This course has given me a new edge right when I need to be more competitive"
"Happy I enrolled on this course, very informative and well organized"
"This certification will help me get more competitive"
"Very exciting opportunities are opening up now, thanks CleanEdison!"
"Looking forward my first job as RESNET specialist, this course was excellent"
"Very useful course, I learnt quickly and got my certification right away"
"Enjoyed the sessions and especially the practice audits"
"Looking forward obtaining more certifications at CleanEdison, they made getting the certification easy"
"The course was excellent, the material was easy to follow"
"It was a great learning experience, I am ready for the test"
"Thanks to CleanEdison, I am getting started on this new line of business"
"The practice audits were very useful, we all had a chance to practice"
"The instructor was very good, an expert, and was very patient "
"The CleanEdison courses are well designed and I learnt a lot"
"Glad I could enroll at CleanEdison they made the RESNET test easy"
"There are many opportunities in this field, the course at CleanEdison will allow me to apply to new jobs"
"I am ready for the test, this was an excellent preparation"
"I am very satisfied with this course, I feel ready for the certification test"
"This was an excellent decision, will try to enroll in the BPI course next year"
"This course was very good, the instructor did not waste any time and made sure everybody learnt."
"I increased my skills during these sessions, the practical experience was very beneficial"
"This course is well planned and well executed, the instructor was a true expert"
"Enjoyed these sessions at CleanEdison, the material is very helpful"
"It was a great learning experience, even though it was highly technical the instructor made it pleasant"
"At CleanEdison, they are very helpful to find ways to finance the course, thanks!"
"My first time at CleanEdison, it was a great experience. I am really satisfied with the outcome"
"This CleanEdison course is excellent, it offered practical tools towards the certification"
"There is high demand for RESNET specialists, I am glad I completed this course with CleanEdison"
"With this course, I have become more competitive."
"Very happy with my decision to study at CleanEdison, I plan to keep working with them in the future"
"The CleanEdison sessions are effective, we learned quickly and the practice audits were very useful"
"The instructor helped me to keep the group’s pace, was very patient, thanks"
"I really enjoyed the sessions at CleanEdison, the material was easy to understand"
"Thanks to this course, I will have more job opportunities"
"This is a great skill to add to my current line of business as HVAC technician"
"It was an excellent course, there are many opportunities once I get certified"
"Enjoyed the sessions at CleanEdison, it was awesome to get practical experience right away"
"I Learned a lot, the course is well designed, I want to keep expanding my certifications at CleanEdison"
"At CleanEdison, I had a great experience, I highly recommend it"
"Very good course, excellent instructor, a true expert who walked us through the practice audits"
"This ocurse has opened a new business line for me, I am glad I got started on this certification"
"This course complements really well my business as home inspector"
"This course has been an enriching experience, this industry is booming and I will have more work"
"The instructor was excellent! A true expert, very patient as well."
"With the help of CleanEdison many opportunities have opened and a better salary too!"
"Since English is my second language, at times I have difficulty understanding technical terms, however, I am appreciatitive that CleanEdison was very accomendating in allowing me to bring my own personal translator with no cost. This definitely helped me learn better and keep up with the course. I am happy to have this experience with CleanEdison. "
"CleanEdison covers a good amount of material during the all-day training session. The post review of material content and study questions are extremely helpful for studying and preparing yourself for the exam. "
"With the need for continuing education and the pursuit of keeping current with the latest industry programs, resourceful organization like CleanEdison, offering many services, is able to deliver quality education for its students. "
"By taking these courses I was able to advance quickly in my workfield and earn a better salary too!"
"Training was very high quality. The trainer was a nice guy, had a lot of patience but still got through everything we needed to know."
"Course material was good, CleanEdison has been very helpful. Teacher was knowledgeable."
"Great experience overall. Instructor definitely knew his stuff. The test wasn't easy, but I felt confident going in. Thank you."
RESNET HERS Rater
CleanEdison's RESNET HERS Rater course aligns with the standards of excellence set forth by the Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET). This course will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills and certification needed to analyze the energy efficiency of newly constructed buildings.
- A RESNET HERS Rater certification is particularly valuable for new construction because RESNET’s Home Energy Rating System is the only way to qualify new homes for the Environmental Protection Agency's ENERGY STAR label.
- There is a $2000 45L Tax Credit for home-builders/contractors that construct homes that are 50% more energy efficient than the IECC 2004 standard, provided that they have HERS Rater Certification.
- This training can stand alone, or it can be a complement to our BPI certification courses.
- Our classes are taught by energy auditing experts who are fully qualified RESNET HERS Raters and our course materials are fully approved by the RESNET Training and Education Committee.
- Insulation professionals
- HVAC professionals
- General contractors
- Home inspectors
- Anyone else interested in analyzing the energy efficiency in residential homes.
There are no prerequisites for this course. Our RESNET HERS Rater training is ideal for:
- Have an understanding of the various types within a home, their components and functions and how they inter-operate
- Know the process of completing a RESNET HERS Rater and be able to communicate this to Customers
- Be able to conduct safety and performance tests to assess system conditions, identify savings opportunities and prepare a "workscope" with meaningful, cost effective retrofit solutions
- Pass the RESNET HERS Rater written and field exams
- Section 1: What is RESNET
- Section 2: Building Science Basics
- Section 3: Building Shell
- Section 4: Windows and Doors
- Section 5: Exterior Audit Air Leakages
- Section 6: Insulation
- Section 7: Light & Appliances
- Section 8: Cooling Systems
- Section 9: Heating Systems
- Section 10: Water Heating Systems
- Section11: Health and Safety
- Section 12: Rating Procedure
- Section 13: Computing the Rating
- Section 14: Rem/Rate Training
- Section 15: Putting the Rater and Rating to Work
- Field Work
CleanEdison's Home Energy Rater Services (HERS) training is a 32-hour training course that meets national standards for energy raters adopted by the Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET).
Day 4 Course Outline:
- 28 hours of online instruction
- 2 days of classroom training
- Ratings required for certification
- Home Energy Rating Handbook
- Online Rem/Rate Software and Plan Take Off Training Video
- RESNET CAZ & Workscope Testing
- RESNET National Rater Exam fee (Exam taken online, last day of class)
- CleanEdison Pass Guarantee: if you do not pass the certification exam on your first try, you may re-take the course at no additional cost
- Take a 50-question online open-book exam that covers the fundamentals of building science as well as knowledge specific to the certification being attempted
- Complete the applicable exams successfully, with an overall score of 80% or higher
CleanEdison's RESNET HERS Rater course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized RESNET HERS Rater certification.
Here are the steps to becoming eligible for, and successfully passing, the RESNET HERS Rater exam:
Step 1: Training
Take a RESNET HERS Rater course with CleanEdison in your area.
Step 2: Exam
The RESNET HERS Rater exam will be provided directly after the course by a CleanEdison RESNET Training Provider affiliate.
In order to pass the written and field exam you will need to do the following:
Live Course + Exam Fees + 2 provisional audits: $1995*
Early Bird Discount: Only $1795 when you book 30 days or more in advance!
One-on-One Tutoring: $100 per hour - Sessions scheduled with trainer after purchase
*Student financing and payment plans now available! Call 888-513-3476 for more information. (Not available with early bird discount)
What is RESNET and What is HERS?
RESNET stands for the Residential Energy Services Network, it is a national standards organization that is officially recognized by the federal government for verification of building energy performance.
HERS stands for a Home Energy Rater, which is the professional that completes the diagnostic tests needed to determine how efficient a building is on the 0-100 HERS Index.
What is the Average Salary and Amount of Work Available for Energy Auditors?
The national average salary for an energy auditor is $64,030 and the industry is expected to add over 600,000 over the next 10 years.
How can I become a HERS Rater?
To become a HERS Rater, you must take an accredited HERS RATER Training Course, pass the national RESNET HERS Rater exam, perform two field inspections in the presence of a RESNET certified rater trainer, and complete three probationary ratings under the supervision of a Quality Assurance Designee (QAD) with a RESNET accredited rating provider.
How is the RESNET HERS Rater Exam Structured?
The RESNET HERS Rater Test is an online, 50-question, multiple-choice exam covering building science concepts and rating procedures. Prospective raters have two hours to complete this open-book test and must answer 80% or more of the questions correctly in order to pass. Raters receive their results immediately after completing the test. Successful examinees will be listed in the directory of certified raters posted on RESNET's website.
Course Locations Select a location for additional class details
|Name||Location||Start Date||End Date||Price|
|RESNET HERS Rater||Hyattsville, MD||April 29th, 2014||$1995|
|RESNET HERS Rater||Indianapolis, IN||May 20th, 2014||$1995|
|RESNET HERS Rater||Newark, NJ||June 25th, 2014||$1995|
|RESNET HERS Rater||San Antonio, TX||May 20th, 2014||$1995|
|RESNET HERS Rater||Tutoring, AA||July 22nd, 2014||$1995|