"The instructor was very excellent. Michael Cafiero was a great instructor. I received great information and hands on experience on how solar panels and the test equipment worked."
"Great class! Michael Cafiero was a great instructor. He touched on a large amount of installation, safety, and business aspects in the solar world. I would highly recommend the master PV combo class to anyone looking at breaking into the solar world or for more advanced knowledge for those already involved with solar."
"Mike Cafiero is an amazing person. He truly cared about everyone in the class and spent as much time as necessary to make certain we all understood the concepts of photovoltaics."
"Clean Edison makes the complex subject of solar power much easier to understand. Put in the time with the online class first and you'll get a lot more out of the live class."
"I completed the PV system mechanical design module the other day. Then the next morning our solar installation company Positive Energy NY headed off to do a residential roof mount in Schenectady and I felt on top of my game because all the racking was fresh in my mind and it definitely showed. We used a Unirac rail system and I knew the ins and outs of how it all fit together; the install went very smoothly."
"My most rewarding experience as a CleanEdison teacher is to listen to students' amazement as they begin to 'get it' and their scores rise. I'm glad so many feel they learned a lot."
"The instructor was an expert, provided very good tips"
"I really enjoyed the class at CleanEdison, easy to understand manual"
"Thanks to this training, I will have more job opportunities"
"I have been working in roofing for a while; this course helped me to add to my skills"
"It was a good course, opening many opportunities in my area"
"Appreciated the training with CleanEdison, it was great to get hands on experience"
"Great course to get started on solar energy industry, I want to keep expanding my certifications at CleanEdison"
"At CleanEdison, I had an excellent experience, from the registration until the exam, I recommend it"
"Very good course, expert instructor, I am ready for new jobs"
"Good investment of time and money, I intend to get the NABCEP certification with CleanEdison"
"Well organized training, the materials were up to date and the field experience was great!"
"Great experience with CleanEdison, there are many jobs in solar panel installs"
"The instructor was great! Provided detailed explanations and real life examples."
"This course has opened more doors which has created more job revenues and a better salary!"
"The material of this course is very good. I often struggle with calculations, the techniques presented made it easy to understand"
"I have completed a few certifications with CleanEdison already, I am very satisfied with this course: one course and you are ready to design and install solar panel systems"
"With this course, I have expanded the services my contracting business offers"
"There are so many install jobs out there, this is a useful course"
"Thanks Cleanedison for a first class training, I feel prepared for the exam"
"There are so many opportunities in this industry, CleanEdison make it easy to get started"
"Very good instructor, excellent materials, it opens up to more job opportunities"
"Right away I was able to design and install my own SP system at my home, I am so proud!"
"The online course is very useful, I had the chance to go through it at my own pace"
"I learnt s lot because the group was small and you had a chance to ask for details"
"Our instructor was expert and very patient, and it paid off, I am already licensed!"
"This class helped me to understand the solar energy business"
"Very satisfying experience with CleanEdison, looking forward to expand my certifications again"
"This certification fits well with my other skills, I am more competitive now"
"Very exciting job offers are opening up now that I passed the test, thanks to CleanEdison!"
"Looking forward the next job to apply my new skills, this course was very good"
"This course is very useful, I learnt a lot and I feel ready for the test"
"Mike created a pleasant atmosphere, he made the boring technical stuff interesting"
"I am planning to get more certifications at CleanEdison, it has been very productive for renovation business"
"The training was very good, you can start working as installer right after finishing"
"If you are new to the solar energy business, this course puts you right in the market, I recommend it"
"Thanks to CleanEdison, I have gotten more opportunities, I was able to pass the test on the first try"
"The practical sessions made a difference, I am confident I will get the license and start working"
"The instructor was very knowledgeable and I feel ready for the exam"
"The CleanEdison courses are taught well and Mike is an excellent instructor"
"Enrolling at CleanEdison has been a positive experience, this course helps you get started in the solar business"
"There are many opportunities now for me, this training has allowed me to apply to new jobs"
"I feel ready for the NABCEP examination, thanks to Mike and the other folks at CleanEdison"
"This course was highly technical and the practice helped to grasp the techniques"
"With this course, you are ready to get started on the SP business"
"This course was excellent, and it covers from analyzing the needs of the project to getting it inspected, very complete"
"I increased my skills, the practical experience was very useful"
"Mike the instructor was knowledgeable and made the classes enjoyable"
"I enjoyed the SP mastery course at CleanEdison, very helpful to find more jobs"
"The class was highly technical yet easy to understand, Mike is an expert instructor"
"Very good class, great instructor, I am confident this will help me grow my business"
"This training opens many opportunities for jobs with better salaries as solar panel installer"
"I was truly immersed in my class. I received great information and hands on experience on how solar panels and the test equipment worked. I had a great instructor (Michael Cafiero)"
"The Solar PV Mastery course I took at CleanEdison was well designed, intense, concise, and well instructed. Mike Cafiero brought his years of experience along with his A game. I learned a great deal not only about the technical side of Solar PV but also the business side and the critically important public relations aspect of this growing field. Mike Garraffa got me registered and Allison Simon made sure I had the Online material I needed. Thanks CleanEdison. You guy have a great team there. "
"It was refreshing to see an instructor so well versed about the Solar industry. Also, I was encouraged by the instructor about the employment possibilities in this booming industry."
"My instructor Michael Cafiero and Debra Mannings were great and hepled me immersed in my class, by providing great information and hand on experience on learning to install solar panels and other various equipments. "
"I very much enjoyed it and it made a lot more sense than the self study solar class I did in the past."
"I was very impressed by the on-line and face to face portions of the training. The online training was comprehensive and thorough and the instructors were knowledgable and appeared enthusiastic about photovoltaic systems. The training followed a logical process that enhanced my understanding of safety and application of basic principles for solar powered systems. Ken's ability to relate to the industry and some of its pitfalls were top notch. The power point presentation effectively demonstrated solar systems. He employed great techniques in gaining the interaction of the class and we all benefited from his level of expertise."
"I would like to thank CleanEdison. Just finished my photovoltaic bootcamp in Lancaster, CA"
"Thank you so much, everything was amazing. The online course was really informative, with the fast-paced nature of the live course, I would've been lost without it. I'm already putting my new skills to use, getting enough installs to be ready for the NABCEP exam in October. I'll recommend anyone I come across to you guys. Thanks again."
Solar PV Mastery Training
CleanEdison's Solar PV Mastery Combo course aligns with the standards set forth by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). This course will provide individuals with the knowledge, skills and certification needed to become fully certified solar energy professionals.
- Employers and customers expect NABCEP Certification for installers, and certification is often required to qualify for installation incentives and rebates.
- This course provides all 58 hours (18 basic* and 40 advanced) of training required for NABCEP PV Installer Certification
- You can enter this course as an absolute beginner, and you will leave with the advanced knowledge needed to stand out as a trained and qualified photovoltaic installer, project manager, or system designer
- This solar energy training course was designed to cover NABCEP's Job Task Analyses of both the Entry Level Exam and the NABCEP PV Installer exam
- You will gain solar installation skills that can immediately be applied to the field
- The solar energy industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in the nation
*18 basic credit hours can only be achieved by successfully passing the NABCEP Entry Level exam.
- Anyone who aspires to become a certified solar PV installation professional
There are no prerequisites. Our Solar PV Mastery Combo Course is ideal for:
- Calculate basic electricity values
- Identify the elements of PV systems
- Recognize important PV terms
- Understand the history of PV
- Identify consumers of PV technology
- Recognize advantages and disadvantages of PV systems
- Identify types of PV systems
- Understand daily and annual solar variations
- Understand the importance of PV location
- Learn about techniques for shading analysis
- Be able to calculate electricity production from a PV system
- Learn about additional resources and solar energy employment opportunities
- Section A1: Verify Client Needs
- Section A2: Review Site Survey
- Section A3: Confirm System Sizing
- Section A4: Review Design of Energy Storage Systems
- Section A5: Confirm String Sizing Calculations
- Section A6: Review System Component Selection
- Section A7: Review Wiring and Conduit Size Calculations
- Section A8: Review Overcurrent Protection
- Section A9: Review Fastener Selection
- Section A10: Review Plan Sets
- Section B1: Conduct Pre-Construction Meetings
- Section B2: Secure Permits and Approval
- Section B3: Manage Project Labor
- Section B4: Adapt System Design
- Section B5: Manage Project Equipment
- Section B6: Implement a Site-Specific Safety Plan
- Section C1: Mitigate Electrical Hazards
- Section C2: Install Grounding Systems
- Section C3: Install Conduit and Raceways
- Section C4: Install Electrical Components
- Section C5: Install Circuit Conductors
- Section C6: Install UtilityInterconnection
- Section C7: Install System Instrumentation
- Section C8: Install Battery Components
- Section D1: Install Equipment Foundation
- Section D2: Install Mounting System
- Section D3: Install PV Modules
- Section E1: Testing the System
- Section E2: Commission th System
- Section E3: Complete System Documentation
- Section E4: Orient Customer to System
- Section F1: Conducting Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Section F2: Perform Visual Inspection
- Section F3: Verify System Operation
- Section F4: Perform Corrective Actions
- Section F5: Verify Effectiveness of Corrective Actions
CleanEdison's Solar PV Mastery Course begins with the 20-hour Entry Level Photovoltaic online course. Then, you will join experienced Solar industry professionals for the 5-day Advanced Solar Photovoltaic live class.
Online Course Objectives:
Day 1 Course Outline:
Day 2 Course Outline:
Day 3 Course Outline:
Day 4 Course Outline:
Day 5 Course Outline:
- 60-hour online course, which can be completed anytime
- 20-hour online Entry Level Solar Photovoltaic class to be completed anytime on your schedule
- 5-day Advanced Solar Photovoltaic course, including 4 days in the classroom and 1 full day of hands-on training with real panels
- Both Options Include -
- 100 practice questions for the NABCEP PV Installer exam
- Understanding NEC Requirements for Solar PV Systems Textbook
- NABCEP Entry Level Exam fee, if requested
- All candidates for the Solar PV Installation Professional Certification must have experience in the field acting as the person responsible for installing PV systems, a minimum of 58 hours or advanced PV training and an OSHA 10 hour construction industry card or equivalent
- All candidate must pay for complete an application by the exam deadline
- In order to qualify for the Solar PV Installer Exam, a candidate must successfully complete a minimum of 58 hours advanced PV training before the application deadline
- A minimum 40 of the 58 prescribed hours must cover advanced solar PV installation and design principles and practices addressed in the NABCEP PV Installer Job Task Analysis
- The other 18 will be achieved by taking the entry level online portion of this course and successfully passing the NABCEP Entry Level exam
- All candidates for the Solar PV Installation Professional Exam must provide documentation for 3 or 5 installations, where they have acted in the role of contractor, lead installer, foreman, supervisor, or journeyman
- Candidates must provide system information, permits and inspection for each project that he/she has installed
- Upon approval of an application for certification, the candidate will receive an approval letter and an examination schedule. The approval letter provides information for scheduling an examination
- The examination scheduling form must be submitted electronically, mailed or faxed at least 43 days before the desired examination date
- Each examination consists of 70 equally weighted multiple choice questions
- 60 of the questions are scored and 10 of the questions are unscored pilot questions
- The pilot questions are randomly distributed throughout the examination and are not identified
- The time limit for the examination is 4 hours
- The NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification is designed to be completed with the aid of the National Electric Code book
- The text materials required to take the test will be provided for each candidate at the site
- 2011 National Electrical Code, NFPA 70 (PV Installation Professional Exam only)
- Calcultor - a Casio fx260 or a similar model
- Two #2 pencils
- A scaled score of 70 is required to achieve a passing score on the NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification Examination
- Exam score reports will be completed and mailed to the candidate prior to 6 weeks following the administration of the exam
- Grade results and pass/fail status will not be given out of the telephone or by email
- Certification is valid for 3 years following the date of issue
- During that time a certificant may use the certification designation after their name to show that they are certified
- Certificants will receive a frame for their certificate and information on maintaining the credential through the Recertification Program when they are notified of their successful certification
CleanEdison's Solar PV Mastery course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification.
Here are the steps to becoming eligible for, and successfully passing, the NABCEP PV Installation Professional exam:
Step 1: Requirements
Step 2: Training
Step 3: Installations
Step 4: Scheduling Examination Site & Time
Step 5: Exam
Step 6: What to Bring to the Exam
Step 7: Determination of Passing Score
Step 8: Exam Scoring Time Frame
Step 9: Certification Status
Online Course + Live Course + Books + NABCEP Entry Level Exam Fee: $2795*
Early Bird Discount: Only $1995 when you book 30 days or more in advance!
One-on-One Tutoring: $100 per hour - Sessions scheduled with trainer after purchase
Student financing and payment plans now available! Call 888-513-3476 for more information. (Not available with early bird discount)
How Much Work is Available for Solar Installers?
The solar industry has been doubling in size every year for the past 4 years and this trend is expected to continue. There are over 170,000 professionals in the solar industry.
Why Get Certified by NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners)?
Solar installation companies often seek those who have passed their NABCEP Entry Level Exam when hiring new employees. The certification shows that you have demonstrated a certain level of knowledge needed to safely and effectively perform a solar installation. Many state incentives require a NABCEP Entry Level Certification to offer rebates to homeowners.
The NABCEP PV Installer Certification is a higher level certification that shows that you have a significant level of experience, as well as in-depth knowledge and training in solar system design and installation. This is not required when looking for employment, but is often looked for when becoming a project leader on solar installations.
Are There Any Prerequisites for NABCEP Certification?
While anyone can take the NABCEP Entry Level Exam, You must have taken 18 Hours of Entry Level Solar Training in order to have the credit hours recognized by NABCEP.
The NABCEP Solar PV Installer Exam can only be taken by those with sufficient levels of Advanced Training and industry experience. A candidate must complete 58 hours of NABCEP Approved Solar Training, 40 of which must be Advanced Training. In addition, they must have completed 3-5 installations and have their OSHA 10 Certification.
What is Involved in the NABCEP Certification Exams?
The NABCEP Entry Level Exam is a two hour, 60 question multiple-choice test. This may be taken anytime at any "Castle Worldwide" Testing Location.
The NABCEP Solar PV Installer Exam is only administrated twice a year. You must have all of the requirements completed before the application deadline, which is two months before the exam. The two hour, 65 question multiple-choice exam covers all the topics of the NABCEP Job Task Analysis for Solar PV Installation Professionals. The passing rate for this exam hovers around 40%, so it is important to get the best training in the industry and prepare thoroughly.